As a Special Educational Needs (SEN) Centre of Excellence, our main focus is to improve the provision for Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) students through active research and pilots.
Much of this work is led by our large team of Super SENCOs (Special Educational Needs Co-ordinators), SLEs (Specialist Leaders of Education) and Thrive Approach Practitioners.
We undertake a range of action research projects in all areas of SEND practice and particularly Social, Emotional and Mental health (SEMH). We develop materials for schools to carry out strong self-evaluation and diagnostic reviews and provide materials and training packages for teaching schools to deliver in their localities.
This creates mainstream school settings that are better equipped to meet the needs of more complex SEN students, reducing the need for referrals to Alternative Provision and improving the training, awareness and confidence of staff in dealing with students with SEMH needs.
Overall, this leads to improved outcomes for SEND students as a result of better tailored provision and confidence of staff and will create a network of practitioners sharing best practice and working across the county.
Are you making the most of your Teaching Assistants? Can you evidence the impact Teaching Assistants have on student outcomes?…
A 10 day training course over 2 academic terms with courses beginning at the end of January and finishing in…
If this area is of interest to you, you’d like to book onto one of our courses or discuss building a course that meets your needs, get in touch with the Coast2Coast team by clicking below.
- The support Philip Morant Academy gained from Colne Academy was not only highly effective but led to a partnership that was difficult to see rivalled anywhere else in the county.
- The Teaching School at the Colne has been extremely effective in enabling us to work collaborative with other schools. Coast2Coast has delivered outstanding CPD where great ideas have been put into practice with successful outcomes for our students. I have grown immeasurably as a result of my involvement.
- Coast2Coast has been invaluable to our improvement journey. Staff had opportunities to learn alongside colleagues, receive quality training and support others. It was this mindset of "looking outwards", that I believe accelerated our progress from the "requiring improvement" category to "outstanding".
- Having become a Specialist Leader in Education in SEND, the impact has been immense on both my professional and personal goals. The opportunities to work with other professionals have been incredibly rewarding, and the experience has improved my confidence and belief in myself.
- Becoming a facilitator for the NPQML with Coast2Coast has been inspirational. I am fortunate to be surrounded by committed professionals who are reflective, forward thinking and want the best for their students. To help them explore and develop their practice is an incredibly worthwhile experience.
- As a new middle leader in the school, the CPD provided has been some of the best my team and I have been involved in. The conferences have informed and developed my own practice and that of my department, giving us common ground as we moved forwards.