School leaders recognise that by working with other schools, they can enable sustainable, system-wide improvement while continuing to improve their own schools.
One of the most exciting developments in recent years has been the growth of school-to-school support and the sharing of knowledge, practice and ideas.
Coast2Coast Teaching School Alliance can support schools with bespoke packages that meet various priorities and budgets. The cost of a package is determined according to the level and type of support required and may include visits from NLEs (National Leaders of Education), SLEs (Specialist Leaders of Education), other leading practitioners and packages of CPD programmes, to create a school-to-school support strategy that addresses school improvement objectives.
Specialist Leaders of Education
Our Specialist Leaders of Education are outstanding in their field. They can support schools with expertise in specific subjects or areas of educational practice. Learn more here.
- The support Philip Morant Academy gained from Colne Academy was not only highly effective but led to a partnership that was difficult to see rivalled anywhere else in the county.
- The Teaching School at the Colne has been extremely effective in enabling us to work collaborative with other schools. Coast2Coast has delivered outstanding CPD where great ideas have been put into practice with successful outcomes for our students. I have grown immeasurably as a result of my involvement.
- Coast2Coast has been invaluable to our improvement journey. Staff had opportunities to learn alongside colleagues, receive quality training and support others. It was this mindset of "looking outwards", that I believe accelerated our progress from the "requiring improvement" category to "outstanding".
- Having become a Specialist Leader in Education in SEND, the impact has been immense on both my professional and personal goals. The opportunities to work with other professionals have been incredibly rewarding, and the experience has improved my confidence and belief in myself.
- Becoming a facilitator for the NPQML with Coast2Coast has been inspirational. I am fortunate to be surrounded by committed professionals who are reflective, forward thinking and want the best for their students. To help them explore and develop their practice is an incredibly worthwhile experience.
- As a new middle leader in the school, the CPD provided has been some of the best my team and I have been involved in. The conferences have informed and developed my own practice and that of my department, giving us common ground as we moved forwards.