Continuing Professional Development allows you to build on your knowledge, understanding, performance and technical skills whatever your role within school.
The Coast2Coast Teaching School Alliance works collaboratively to design, develop and deliver high quality training and professional development for teachers, leaders and support staff leading to staff development, motivation and ultimately, school improvement.
Special educational needs (SEN) courses
Our Special Educational Needs (SEN) courses assist schools to create a mainstream setting that meets the complex needs of SEN students, reduces the need for alternative provision and improves staff confidence in this area.
Subject Enhancement Courses
These courses allow participants to work closely with mentors who support them in developing their knowledge in subjects that are not their specialist areas, allowing them to teach with increased confidence.
Our conferences give delegates the opportunity to learn from leading industry practitioners, network with peers, and share best practice and practical resources to take back and implement in their own schools.
These courses support schools to effectively manage behaviour in the classroom and build staff confidence in challenging environments. They offer practical tips and in-depth knowledge around different types of aggression in the classroom.
We offer a range of support programmes to enable organisations to spot talent and develop leaders in-house using mentoring packages and accredited leadership qualifications.
See all our courses
Our training courses take place in motivating and inspiring environments, ranging from single day courses, multiple days to overnight conferences. Take a look at all our courses by clicking below.
- The support Philip Morant Academy gained from Colne Academy was not only highly effective but led to a partnership that was difficult to see rivalled anywhere else in the county.
- The Teaching School at the Colne has been extremely effective in enabling us to work collaborative with other schools. Coast2Coast has delivered outstanding CPD where great ideas have been put into practice with successful outcomes for our students. I have grown immeasurably as a result of my involvement.
- Coast2Coast has been invaluable to our improvement journey. Staff had opportunities to learn alongside colleagues, receive quality training and support others. It was this mindset of "looking outwards", that I believe accelerated our progress from the "requiring improvement" category to "outstanding".
- Having become a Specialist Leader in Education in SEND, the impact has been immense on both my professional and personal goals. The opportunities to work with other professionals have been incredibly rewarding, and the experience has improved my confidence and belief in myself.
- Becoming a facilitator for the NPQML with Coast2Coast has been inspirational. I am fortunate to be surrounded by committed professionals who are reflective, forward thinking and want the best for their students. To help them explore and develop their practice is an incredibly worthwhile experience.
- As a new middle leader in the school, the CPD provided has been some of the best my team and I have been involved in. The conferences have informed and developed my own practice and that of my department, giving us common ground as we moved forwards.