Find out if teaching is right for you with our Stepping Stones programme.
Stepping Stones programme
If you are considering a career in teaching, spending some time in a classroom and working with experienced teachers and school staff before you start your initial teacher training (ITT) is one of the best ways to find out if teaching is right for you. In addition to this, gaining classroom experience can also support your application for ITT.
The Stepping Stones programme offers school and classroom experience to those wishing to commence an ITT course. If you are a graduate, a student working towards your degree or a school-based employee, our bespoke programmes into teaching could be right for you. You can also earn while you train. This route will fit your career plans whether you are interested in primary, secondary or special school training.
The Stepping Stones programme is tailored to individuals, to ensure that you have all the school-based experience and training to move straight to interview for ITT, or for exceptional candidates straight to QTS assessment after just one year.
The benefits of the Stepping Stones programme
- Employed by a school, you will earn whilst you train.
- A bespoke programme will meet your individual needs and you will receive CPD Credits with Coast2Coast Teaching School Alliance.
- A school-based coach and course mentor will work with you throughout your programme.
- You will receive training and support to prepare you for your Skills Tests.
- You will be guaranteed an interview to undertake your ITT or move directly to a fast-track QTS assessment route.
Thinking about becoming a Teacher?
Want to …
- encourage children to dream big?
- live with a deep sense of purpose?
- be a lifelong learner?
- inspire generations of change?
- ignite the spark of learning?
- explore your creativity?
- prove that one person can make a difference?
- motivate others by your example?
- have a different experience every day?
- love what you do?
We offer a 11-16 PGCE programme, with post 16 enhancement in conjunction with NETT as our provider – it is a centre for core SCITT, School Direct Training (salaried) and School Direct Training Programmes.
For Non-Salaried Trainees the PGCE qualification is awarded as well as QTS (Qualified Teacher Status).
Salaried Traninees (only available to graduates with 3 or more years career experience) can also access the PGCE if required.
For more information please contact North Essex Teacher Training on 01255 431949 or via email: email@example.com
Are you a Graduate and thinking about becoming a teacher?
If you are interested in becoming a teacher and want to gain some experience then why not join us as a Graduate Intern prior to starting your teacher training?
Our Graduate Internships are short term salaried posts which will enable you to make a firm decision whether working in a school and becoming a teacher is for you, as well as gaining experience in a classroom environment.
We will also help prepare you for your training year by providing support and training through the Coast 2 Coast stepping stones.
- The support Philip Morant Academy gained from Colne Academy was not only highly effective but led to a partnership that was difficult to see rivalled anywhere else in the county.
- The Teaching School at the Colne has been extremely effective in enabling us to work collaborative with other schools. Coast2Coast has delivered outstanding CPD where great ideas have been put into practice with successful outcomes for our students. I have grown immeasurably as a result of my involvement.
- Coast2Coast has been invaluable to our improvement journey. Staff had opportunities to learn alongside colleagues, receive quality training and support others. It was this mindset of "looking outwards", that I believe accelerated our progress from the "requiring improvement" category to "outstanding".
- Having become a Specialist Leader in Education in SEND, the impact has been immense on both my professional and personal goals. The opportunities to work with other professionals have been incredibly rewarding, and the experience has improved my confidence and belief in myself.
- Becoming a facilitator for the NPQML with Coast2Coast has been inspirational. I am fortunate to be surrounded by committed professionals who are reflective, forward thinking and want the best for their students. To help them explore and develop their practice is an incredibly worthwhile experience.
- As a new middle leader in the school, the CPD provided has been some of the best my team and I have been involved in. The conferences have informed and developed my own practice and that of my department, giving us common ground as we moved forwards.